Monday, August 15, 2011

Prepare Yourself

Acts 12:8
"Then the angel said to him "Gird yourself and tie your sandals, and so he did.  And he said to him, "Put on you garment and follow me"

Prepare and follow me.  Pretty simple.  This is a recurring message from the Lord to His people.  The Israelites heard it many times before battle.  Jesus made it even more simple in Matthew when He commanded His disciples to "follow Me".  And they did.  Here the angel uses the same message to prepare yourself, get ready, and follow me.  Peter wasn't told what was coming next yet.  He was just told to follow.

Application - God impressed on me that I am in the first part of this verse - "Prepare yourself".  My time here at Potter's Field is getting me ready.  The battle and hard work are coming in El Salvador.  The prepping for battle is now with Bible Study, reading, living in community, and bonding with my brothers and sisters.  But most importantly it is drawing near to God.  The rest is simple following when He says to.  I need to prepare now as much as possible and not miss what God is doing in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment