Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ashamed

Mark 8:38
"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels"

Seems like there are about three verses in one here.  Do I ever want Jesus to be ashamed of me?  No way.  Then I shouldn't be ashamed of Him.  This verse talks about Jesus coming back in Glory, and it could either be a good return or a bad return.  he is returning with angels which could bring a great reward "well done my good and faithful servant"  or a punishment "depart from me I never knew you"  because you were ashamed of Jesus.  So now that we know the consequences and results it makes it even more clear how I should act.

Application - As I look in my life I think about my ways I have been or I act "ashamed" of God.  How bold am I in explaining to unbelievers that this whole El Salvador thing is a God thing and nothing of me?  Especially when they prop me up.  how many times do I not initiate conversations about God?  God is with me and fighting battles before I even get in the: Josh 1:9 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, nor dismayed, For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go"  I need to have Jesus on the tip of my tongue so that it just naturally comes out of me, not ashamed or even boldness, just what comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment