Monday, September 12, 2011

Sealed by the Spirit

Ephesians 4:30
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption"

The last thing I would ever want to purposely do is to grieve God.  I don't think I malicously do this, but every time I sin I do this.  Especially in the context of these verses:
vs 25 - lying
vs 26 - sinning when I'm angry
vs 27 - giving place to satan
vs 28 - stealing
vs 29 - speaking corrupt words
vs 31 - bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, evil speaking and the rest of the Bible when it describes sin.
God sealed me forever.  How great is that?!?! He didn't seal me for sin or in some masocistic way to constantly be grieved by my actions.  He gave me the Holy Spirit so the Holy Spirit could do its work in me and change me of my sinful ways.  He sealed me with a stamp of His kingdom so that it would be easily recognized by the world and would come with the authority of that kingdom.  And that seal doesn't look like anything in this world.  Especially the sin of this world....which grieves the Holy Spirit.

Application - My daily prayer is "God change me to be the man you want me to be"  Today I will spend a little more time praying this and examining and being open to what God wants to reveal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment