Monday, September 12, 2011

No more bad stuff

Ephesians 4:31
"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice"

For the last 2 weeks we have been focusing daily on many different areas that we need to change or get rid of.  Many bad things, but what do we replace them with?  If we are walking in the Spirit and have put on the new self like we are commanded, these things (bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, evil speaking, malice) shouldn't come up.  But verse 32 should be what we live out - kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another as Christ forgave us.  Instead of surpressing all the don'ts, we should be focusing on the do's.  Which I feel would naturally surpress all the don'ts when we consciencously choose to love others and forgive others.  I can see this practically lived out when I stop judging others and let the things they do bug me and choose to love and forgive them as Christ did me.

Application - Daily I will choose to love others instead of judging or looking down on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment