Monday, September 12, 2011

No more stealing

Ephesians 4:28
"Let him who stole, steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need"

I don't really feel like I have a stealing problem.  Nor a working, or work ethic problem, that I need to change.  God has really put that in my life seeing as how I have had a job since I was 12.  Here God is showing us/me what we should do with what we earn from working.  I'm sure its implied here, but work to meet your needs, then take your eyes off of yourself and give to others, meet others needs.  Why?  Shouldn't that money be mine?  Why should I give it to others?  It's pretty simple 1. because I can and 2. because it's not mine.  It is from God.  I am grateful and dependent upon God for all that He has given, and all that He does give.

Application - My prayer is for discerning eyes to graciously and freely give.  I need to give as soon as I can.  There is great need in the world, and God has greatly given to me.  Just like we are commanded to forgive as we have been forgiven, we should give as we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment