Monday, September 12, 2011

Lying

Ephesians 4:25
"Therefore, putting away lying, let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another."

As we continue the daily study here in Ephesians, Paul shows us a practical way to put off the old self and to put on the new.  Don't lie.  This is an area that is a public display of my charachter.  And it is a pretty good indication of ones heart when they are forced in an area to tell the truth or a lie.  As jesus said "It is not what you put in a man, but what comes out that makes him unclean."  The thing is, I don't feel like I maliciously go out an dlook for ways to lie, sometimes it is for a personal gain that quickly jumps out of me.  Unfortunately, this verse makes you stop and think that we are lying to ourselves as members of one body.

Application - This is an area of my spiritual life that God needs to work on.  My daily prayer will be to ask that I walk so close with Jesus that the truth of Him is what comes out - not lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment