Monday, September 12, 2011

Good words

Ephesians 4:29
"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Don't lie, gossip, or speak sarcastically, edification and encouragement are neessary, share grace with words.  Pretty tall order.  The hardest part for me are the corrupt words or what I take from this as sarcasm or even coarse joking.  I do this a lot and even enjoy it.  There are some people that can handle it, but even then do I take it too far?  When do I speak so that it is necessary edification?  Almost like a command to encourage someone.  When do I go out of my way to encourage others?

Application - Pretty simple here.  I really need to watch myself and my words.  I need to make sure my words are not cutting down but encouraging.  I will take a second instead of letting my wit take over, to make sure my words encourage and build up instead of tearing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment