Monday, September 12, 2011

The Devil's place

Ephesians 4:27
"Nor give place to the devil"

As believers, we shouldn't be giving any place of our lives to the devil.  But do we open ourselves up in little cracks for him to sneak in?  We were reminded on Sunday of how powerful satan is, how much more powerful he is than us, but also that He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.  Do I rely on this promise when temptation sneaks in to my mind?  Jesus was tempted, but like me.  When I am tempted, do I immediately turn to and use scripture to fight the battle?  Honestly, sometimes I dwell on or thing about it for a little too long.  Sadly, that is even after I have identified it as sin and temptation.

Application - I need to have scripture pour out of me so when satan and temptation comes along, I can let He who is in me overcome he who is in the world.  Also, claim 1 Cor 10:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment