Monday, September 12, 2011

Angry Sin

Ephesians 4:26
"Be angry and do not sin" do not let the sun go down on your wrath"

Paul grabbed this verse from Psalm 4:4 -
"Be angry and do not sin" but he changed the 2nd half of the verse
"medicate within your hearth on your bed and be still"
Not only does this verse say we are going to be angry, but in a way it is commanding us to be angry, it doesn't say "If you get angry" so what are things I can be angry about and how do I deal with them?  Immediately injustices come to mind that make me angry - child and adult slavery, child and human trafficking, child and adult forced prostitution, people who use God's word to exploit others so they can be rich.  Those are righteous angers as when Jesus threw tables in the temple.  But really what about when I get mad at my wife?  How am I to act?  I'm going to get angry with her.  I know the first answer - don't sin, and then deal with it.  Like David and paul, I need to get away and meditate on it and pray on it, and not throw the daggers that hurt.

Application - I know I am responsible for my own actions.  Unfortunately, my father modeled some pretty immature behavior for me that I know about and actually repeat.  Daily I need to pray for God's patience and self control.  Especially in an hour when we get ready to get out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment