Monday, July 18, 2011

Me and the early church

Acts 2:42
"And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayer"

  • Even though they were all new at it, they clung closely to what they knew as truth and what they were taught
  • Fellowship - they clung to each other
  • Breaking of bread - they clung to Christ's death and resurrection
  • Prayed together
Application
  • Am I doing this with the same effort and zeal that the early church was?
  • Do I cling to the teaching of the Word and doctrine? ..... kind of
  • Do I cling to other believers and their fellowship? .....sometimes - but is it healthy?
  • Do I cling to communion and what it represents? .....once a month
  • Do I pray with others? ....sometimes
I do these things now because I am forced to or in a situation where it is set up for me.  Or it is easy to...the setting of Potter's Field makes this happen for me.
  • Did I back in Pennsylvania before I came here?......no
  • Did I try?....no
  • Did I grow?.....no
Will I now make it a priority?
Will I now make it a habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment