Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fear

Acts 2:43
"Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles"

Fear came upon them  - a Holy deep respect for who it was that they were following in worship and prayer - the one they now placed their full trust and faith.
This could only happen because of vs. 42:
  • continuing in the teaching and doctrine
  • breaking of bread
  • fellowship
  • prayer
Every soul- all had fear - there was no room for the nominal
Wonders and signs - same as Jesus?
What were the wonders and signs that were done? They had to be the same wonders and signs of Jesus because they were done by the apostles - to be an apostle, one had to see and follow Jesus - they saw the wonders and signs of Jesus
Many - there were probably many needs that were needed.

So What? What does this mean to me and for me?
  • Am I living like vs 42?
  • Do I have the fear that they did?
  • Have I walked with Jesus to know what He did and the let the same Spirit do the same signs and wonders
  • I have the same Spirit - do it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment