Monday, August 1, 2011

"Go....."

Acts 8:29
"Then the Spirit said to Philip "Go near and overtake this chariot"

There was a simple message here - "Go....."  It's not really much different from what Jesus commanded the apostles before He left earth "Go......"  This command was not a command without direction.  Go and specifically overtake this chariot.  This is a chariot that had ties with king Soloman when the Queen of of Ethiopia came to listen to Soloman's wisdom.  It was a message passed on from generation to generation for close to 800 years.  They have been reading from this scroll for so long, but didn't get it yet...until now. It was finally fulfilled.  This chariot had the guy that took care of details - the accountant for the nation of Ethiopia.  He was sent by the queen and probably on a yearly basis, to see if the fulfillment had taken place yet.  He was to go and report back exactly to her from Jerusalem, and with details.  Also, how did Philip hear this?  He was walking in the Spirit.  He had just come from preaching where the multitudes repented, did miracles, and cast out demons earlier in this chapter.  He was all about God.

Application - Am I walking in the Spirit already?  Could I hear from God if He clearly spoke to me and gave me simple direction?  I need to clear out all the other distractions from my life so when the Spirit give me simple and clear instruction that I hear it.  I need to be all about God...like Philip.

No comments:

Post a Comment