Sunday, August 7, 2011

An answer to the question

Acts 8:31
"And he said "How can I unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him.

Philip was given a layup.  It all stared with probing questions by Philip to the Eunoch.  Philip knowing his Scripture was able to easily explain it all to him.  I think about times in my life where I want to share and am making myself available, but the interest in the person just isn't there.  I love picturing the humility in this official, a royal official with money and power.  He is a decision maker in Ethiopia, but here he shows an area in his life where he has no clue.  He Knows it's important and wants to understand it, but needs instruction.  I think about Romans 1:20 and that everyone knows about God or that there is a creator.  They just need to get to the point where they ask "how can I understand unless someone guides me?"

Application - I know that all witnessing opportunities won't be this easy, but I pray that there is an interest, or that the Holy Spirit will give me the probing questions to get to this point with people.  I need to have open eyes and ears for the interest that people have and need an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment